Filing a Claim for Services by an Out-of-Network Provider

If you receive covered services from a provider who is not in the CBHA network, you may receive benefits for these services if (1) the provider is licensed to provide the service and (2) your plan provides out-of-network benefits.  You may file a claim for out-of-network benefits using one of the following methods:

Whichever claim filing method you choose, the following information must be included in the claim submission in order for processing to be completed:

You may telephone the CBHA claims department at 1-800-475-7900 Monday-Friday from
8:30am until 5:00pm for assistance in filing your out-of-network claims.  If claim materials received contain incomplete or invalid information, the materials will be returned to you with a notice of required information.  Rather than have payment of benefits delayed, if you are unsure of the information that is needed, contact a CBHA claims representative for assistance.

Claims may be mailed to:  Carolina Behavioral Health Alliance, LLC, PO Box 571137, Winston-Salem, NC  27157-1137 or faxed to 888-908-7140, Attn Claims Department.

Instructions on uploading your claim

Click to upload a claim document

Contact Us